Become a PSS member
Port Skills and Safety Ltd is the professional safety and skills membership organisation for ports.
We work in collaboration with our members to promote best practice and innovation, develop guidance and services to drive continuous improvement in safety and ensure a highly skilled workforce.
Our vision is to drive the ports sector to become one of the safest places to work, with opportunities for individual growth and collective success. We drive positive change in skills and safety across the entire port sector.
- Improving Standards – PSS has a suite of Safety in Ports documents developed by the industry and approved by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE). Over the next five years these documents will be updated and improved to ensure they remain at the forefront of industry best practice.
- Improving Skills – Take part in the design and continuous improvement of port-specific qualifications, skills and standards helping to promote careers in ports.
- Incident Dashboard – Track your Health & Safety performance against national rates. Contribute to sector-wide learning on risk areas and operations.
- Safety Alerts – Collaborate with members to share safety alerts and bulletins to learn lessons and avoid repeating incidents and near misses.
- Action Groups – Join the Port Skills Group and the Port Safety Group to share best practice and affect real change. Take part in working groups specialising in activities for your specific work areas.
- Industry-Leading Events – Attend online and in-person seminars, webinars and conferences throughout the year to share best practice, innovation and resource development.
- Quality Assurance – PSS subject matter experts are on hand to assess members safety standards, training needs and compliance against industry standards.
- Ask Members – The Ask Members services allows members to ask questions about any area of their work and receive opinions, advice and recommendations from the wider membership.
- Professional Training – PSS provides training courses including explosive officers, accident investigators and a general introduction to port safety for all port workers.
- Peer Partnerships – PSS works with government, maritime organisations, trade unions, academics and international bodies to ensure the voice of port safety and skills professionals is heard
- Regular information on a wide range of topics including – regulatory developments, industry guidance, health and safety performance metrics, skills and standards issues
- Free attendance at our Port Skills and Safety Members’ Conference – take part in the PSS awards, hear from leading government and maritime representatives.
By joining PSS you will be part of the collaborative effort to make ports safer and port workers better skilled for the future.
Typically ports, terminal or port labour supply organisations
Organisations that do not directly run ports but who make a contribution to the work of ports.
Organisations that provide training services to the port industry
Non-profit, charity and public sector organisations
Download an application form or contact us at email@example.com
Read the 2024 Members Pack