We have four categories for membership:
- Full subscribers – typically ports, terminal or port labour supply organisations.
- Training Provider – organisations that provide training services to the port industry.
- Affiliates – organisations that do not directly run ports but who make a contribution to the work of ports.
- Community – non-profit, charity and public sector.
Our subscription year runs from 01 January to 31 December, the rate for those organisations joining part-way through the year are calculated pro rata.
All subscribers are provided with the following core services relating specifically to the ports industry:
- Regular information on a wide range of topics including: regulatory developments, industry guidance, health and safety performance metrics, skills and standards issues
- Free attendance at our Port Skills and Safety Members’ Conference, Port Skills Group and Port Safety Group conferences and ad hoc events
- Availability of our organised training courses and events. We provide access to various industry related courses through providers and subscriber organisations including: Dangerous Goods, Explosive Security Officer, and Managing Safely in Ports which is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Access to technical advice on health, safety, skills and standards issues in the ports industry. You can submit an Ask Members enquiry on any safety or skills topic, anonymously if you wish. Receive Safety Alerts which flag accidents and incidents to enable the onboarding of any learning or developments, and Safety Bulletins Safety which share information relating to new developments or changes in the industry
Find out more about the benefits of being a PSS member and how to apply.