COVID-19: Contingency Plan and Guidelines for Seafarers
The MCA have issued MIN 611 "Guidance and Information To Follow In The Event of COVID-19 Outbreak Impacting UK Seafarer Services"
This MIN provides guidance and information on the impact of COVID-19 arrangements on essential Seafarer Training and Certification services delivered by the Maritime & Coastguard Agency (MCA).
At the time of posting this story, MIN 611 points to a .gov web page (link) addressing:
- COVID-19: Contingency Plan and Guidelines for Seafarers (PDF, 96.3KB, 4 pages)
- COVID-19: MCA approved course delivery and Oral and Written Examination information (PDF, 66.4KB, 2 pages)
- COVID-19: Availability of Approved Doctors for ENG1/ML5 examinations (PDF, 77.7KB, 2 pages)
- COVID-19: Guidance for revalidation of Boatmasters' Licences, issue of Discharge books and Ships Cook Certificates of Competency (PDF, 58KB, 2 pages)
- COVID-19: Contingency Plan and Guidelines for the services provided to VTS Centres and VTS Operators by the MCA. (PDF, 55.7KB, 1 page)
It is expected that this page will be the main place that MCA will use to promote/publish responses to seafarer training and certification