Maritime 2050 Launch event - New Long term strategy on People, Technology & Environment
The Maritime 2050 strategy will be highlighted by the Department for transport today Thursday 24th January and Friday 25th January 2019.
The event will be looking at themes such as people, technology and the environment. The main focus of Maritime 2050 includes;
- Maritime 2050 a new long term strategy for the maritime sector
- It will deliver direction and vision for government and industry to work together to ensure the UK is ready to compete in this global sector in the coming decades.
- Maritime 2050 is based around the following themes: technology, trade, environment, infrastructure, security/resilience, and the UK’s competitive advantage.
- These themes form the bedrock of the strategy itself and the route maps that will drive its implementation in the short, medium and long term.
The different themes will be highlighted as follows:
- Thursday 24th January AM – launch animation/story on GOV.UK
- Thursday 24th January PM – Technology
- Friday 25th January AM – People
- Friday 25th January PM – Environment
Members are encouraged to share and engage with their communications channels to help promote the sector #Maritime2050