Professional Diving Academy
Unit 19, Sandbank Business Part
About the Course:
This 2-day course will inform duty holders on their obligations, responsibilities and legal exposure (section 4/HASAWA 74 and Diving @ Work Regulations) when diving operations are taking place within areas of control – this includes recreational diving activities. It aims to provide non-diving personnel with a much better understanding of inherent hazards, control systems and procedures that should be implemented by a competent diving contractor thus to enhance the client’s role in contributing towards diving safe practice.
The course costs £449 (plus VAT) for PSS members and £495 (plus VAT) for non-PSS members. Fees include course notes and attendance certificate, delegates list, lunch and refreshments but are exclusive of individual's travel or accommodation costs. Joining information will be forwarded to you on receipt of your registration.
The course will be held at The Professional Diving Academy’s base in Dunoon where delegates are provided with an opportunity to visit their offshore diving vessel whilst diving operations are ongoing.
Some of the topics covered are:
- Stakeholder’s obligations under HSE Diving @ Work Regulations 1997
- Procurement and management of Diving Contractors
- Achieving regulatory compliance
- Working to the appropriate guidance and standards
- Implementing ‘best Industry practice’ procedure
- Ensuring that diving contractors are complying with the law.
- Hazard identification and risk assessments.
- Implementing and managing “permit to work” schemes.
- Safety bridging requirements
- Meeting objectives stated in the Diving Project Plan.
- Provision of risk assessments.
- Diving plant and equipment (minimum legal requirements)
- Commercial SCUBA diving – legal limitations
- Surface supplied diving – advantages / disadvantages.
- Duties of the Diving Supervisor
- Duties of the standby diver
Please complete the attached Registration Form and send directly to the Professional Diving Academy. Upon registration delegates will receive Joining Instructions. Please note that this course can take up to 12 delegates at a time. Further dates are planned if you are not successful in joining this one.
Please note: No refunds will be made in respect of cancellations however a named substitute can be made by email up to two weeks before the course date.
Substitutions cannot be accepted after this time