Sponsored by Associated British Ports
Port Skills and Safety is delighted to launch a new PSS branded platform, sponsored by Associated British Ports, to help apprentices in the UK ports sector fulfil their potential.
PSS members will be able to utilise the platform as a valuable tool for current and new apprentices.
- Become part of a peer-to-peer community specifically for apprentices working in PSS member ports and harbours to network, support one another and collaborate.
- Participate in diversity and inclusion groups.
- Access resources, masterclasses and assessments to support mental health and wellbeing, career awareness and professional development.
- Attend apprentice in-person and online events around the UK for networking and social interaction.
- PSS is committed to supporting apprentices in their personal and professional growth and to improving apprentice retention by removing some of the difficulties that can be faced.
The platform is provided by the Association of Apprentices and is accessible to all new and current apprentices working for PSS member organisations in the ports sector.
As an organisation that is committed to safety and recruiting the next generation of maritime professionals, ABP has been a long-term supporter of Port Skills & Safety. We are delighted to sponsor this apprentice platform, which will ensure apprentices across all PSS members are provided with advice and guidelines on how apprenticeships can be improved and pave the way to life-long career development.Kerry Thompson, Head of ABP Academy
For further information on how your apprentices can sign up for this platform, see the related link below.