Port of Blyth is the port operating division of Blyth Harbour Commission, an independent statutory trust established in 1882. It is one of the largest Trust Port’s in the UK handling cargo across four terminals based around the River Blyth.
Together with major logistics and training divisions, the Port group has a growing turnover exceeding £30 million, driven by growth across a variety of sectors but particularly offshore energy, with the Port is now recognised as a major strategic east coast base supporting the sector. Other trade handled includes containers, dry bulks and marine fuels.
As a Trust Port, all profits are re-invested back into the Port to improve facilities and to provide benefits for its wider stakeholders.