We have three categories of subscription:
- Full subscribers - typically ports, terminal or port labour supply organisations
- Training provider affiliates
- Affiliates - organisations that do not directly run ports but who make a contribution to the work of ports
Our subscription year runs from 1 January to 31 December, the rate for those organisations joining part-way through the year are calculated pro rata.
All subscribers are provided with the following core services relating specifically to the ports industry:
- Regular information on a wide range of topics including: regulatory developments, industry guidance, health and safety performance metrics, skills and standards issues
- Free attendance at our Port Skills and Safety Group conferences, held three times a year around the UK
- Availability of our organised training courses and events. We provide access to various industry related courses through providers and subscriber organisations including: Dangerous Goods, Explosive Security Officer, and Managing Safely in Ports which is accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH).
- Access to technical advice on health, safety, skills and standards issues in the ports industry. You can submit an enquiry on any safety or skills topic, anonymously if you wish. We will take it to our active industry community drawing on knowledge, experience and expertise from around 95% of the UK's commercial ports and bring together the responses as part of your solution and for the benefit of the community.
Full subscription is open to those organisations concerned with the management and running of ports and terminals, and those carrying out operations in ports. Examples include harbour authorities, port companies, terminal operators, stevedores, and labour suppliers. In addition to the core services detailed above, the following opportunities are open to full subscribers:
- Involvement in consultations on key strategic issues
- Opportunities for participation in standing and special work groups; helping to shape industry good practice standards
- Input to the development of industry guidance
The cost of a full subscription to Port Skills and Safety is based on the number of people employed and we have a three tier charging system according to employee numbers.
The current rate per head is £24.10 per employee plus VAT at the standard rate.
|No. of employees||£|
|35 or less employees||843.50 total (minimum rate) + VAT|
|36 – 1649 employees||24.10 per employee + VAT|
|1650 or more employees||39,765.00 total (maximum rate) + VAT|
Please go to the bottom right of this page to download a joining form
Training Provider Affiliate
Training Provider Affiliate membership is open to training providers and consultants providing learning and development services to the ports industry. At present, we do not accredit training providers or consultants, instead, we act as a network to put other members in touch with them.
Affiliate membership is open to those organisations working closely with the ports industry, but not eligible for either Full or Training Provider Affiliate categories of membership. Affiliates receive the core services. Affiliate fees may vary from case to case, but typically will be the minimum rate for full subscribers in the table above.