The Port of Tilbury is a subsidiary of Forth Ports Ltd and is the third largest port group in the UK.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) Advisor and looking for someone with a genuine enthusiasm and interest for safety management, health, environmental and welfare matters at work.
You will be responsible for ensuring that the Company’s, safety health and environmental policies are implemented, legal requirements and codes of practice are applied. You will need to visit sites, engaging with operational teams and engineering tasks regularly, undertaking inspections, audits, investigating incidents and providing competent advice to all levels of management. In addition, you’ll also ensure compliance with risk assessments, safe systems of work amongst other duties.
- Qualified to NEBOSH General Certificate or NEBOSH Diploma and or working towards a NEBOSH Diploma or NVQ level 4 equivalent
- Knowledge of operational equipment and methods within ports, engineering, shipping, facilities management, warehousing, transport and logistics
- Knowledge of port engineering, maintenance and maintenance management systems, electrical, mechanical and workshop safety
- Previous experience in an occupational health and safety role is essential
- Full, clean UK driving licence
- Management systems awareness (18001, 14001, 9001 and 50001)
- Report writing, presentation and excellent communication skills
- High degree of problem solving
- Personal integrity with an ability to respect confidentiality
- Experience of working with Trade Union Safety Representatives
Contract: Permanent (Full Time)
How to Apply
If you are willing to make a commitment as part of a proactive, enthusiastic team providing the highest levels of professional SHE services, then please contact Joan Gillies on 01375 852212 or firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and the full job description.
Completed applications to be received no later than Friday 8th December 2017