Position: Safety Manager
Shoreham Port has been consistently growing and now employers around 120 staff. The Safety Manager will be joining at an exciting time to support this growth and help to continue to build the culture that the Port has developed where safety is at the core of everything we do. We pride ourselves on being an employer of choice locally and at the forefront of the maritime industry.
This role will be very varied and ideally suited to someone with experience within an industrial environment which includes the use of heavy machinery and is looking for a new challenge/step up. The person must enjoy continually raising standards and helping to make the Port the best it can be. Please review the job description for a better understanding of the role.
Skills and experience
- Can demonstrate a proactive approach to Health & Safety management including the use of Safety Management Systems (SMS).
- Experienced in advising and guiding senior leadership teams, line managers and employees in all matters relating to Health & Safety.
- Conduct audits, inspections, risk assessments and accident investigations including root cause analysis and appropriate action plans.
- All aspects of fire safety management including statutory fire alarm testing, fire drills, extinguishers testing, fire risk assessment.
- The management of all matters relating to First Aid.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and the ability to demonstrate resilience.
- NEBOSH qualification although applications will be considered from those who hold IOSH.
- A full driving licence is essential as you will be required to travel between our operations site in Portslade and head office in Southwick.
- Salary – Dependent on experience
- Exceptional defined benefit pension scheme – Employer contribution rate 18%
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Funded training in a supportive environment
- Variety of other benefits including a comprehensive wellbeing scheme
- Monday to Friday 0800 – 1700 with a one-hour lunch break (40 hours/week)
- Free parking available onsite
- Location – Operations, Gate 1, Basin Road South, Portslade, BN41 1WF
To review the job description and download an application form, please visit our website:
www.shoreham-port.co.uk/jobs. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Friday 7 February 2020, with initial telephone interviews taking place on Thursday 13 February 2020.
Please Note: Applicants should be aware the Port has a zero-tolerance policy for drugs and alcohol and a random programme of testing is operated throughout.