An exciting opportunity has arisen for Marine Pilots with Port of Milford Haven.
As a Marine Pilot you will have the conduct of vessels to ensure the safe movement from sea, berth and anchorage. This will include facilitating the completion of the vessel’s passage plan; liaising with the Master, Port Control and other users and acting as the Port’s representative on board in the event of an emergency. You will start as a Trainee Pilot and progress through levels of authorisation up to a Class 1 unrestricted Pilot, which ordinarily takes five and a half years.
- Master Class 1 Foreign Going Certificate
- Recent experience in a seagoing and/ or pilotage role.
- Must speak English clearly and fluently.
- Team player
- Ability to direct actions in a calm manner at all times, particularly in contingency situations.
- The position requires the post holder to successfully complete an ENG1 Medical
Closing Date – This vacancy will remain open until a decision has been made to close it. We therefore recommend an early submission of your application.
For more information about the role and how to apply please go to e-recruit web page – www.recruit.mhpa.co.uk
Starting Salary: £49,694.40 plus company benefits
Hours: 2200 hours per annum