Kalmar Global Services are looking for an experienced EHS Manager to champion and drive a positive EHS culture across Kalmar service operations. The EHS manager will report to the Kalmar Global Service QEHS Manager and dotted to the SVP EMEA North and to the SVP EMEA South. The role will work closely with the Region service business heads and Country Managing Directors.
- Responsible to build the local regional Service EHS organization, to deploy the corporate strategy and Targets (sustainability targets defined separately ).
- Define, train and continuously improve Services EHS Way of Working (minimum requirements) in co-operation with region and country heads as well as Kalmar and Services EHS network.
- Ensure the implementation and effectiveness of Kalmar/Services EHS processes. (This include multiple tasks below, which I wouldn’t describe in this job description)
- Championing and driving a positive and proactive EHS culture within the Service Global organization
- Contribute to team efforts (Global service and Corporate) by accomplishing related tasks and goals as needed, including special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Deploy and maintain the corporate systems to collect and report EHS metrics for all global Service Centers.
- Develop, maintain, coordinate and oversee EHS programs and procedures/policies for the global service organization. This will include all regulations in the Union site and country, as well as corporate requirements and industry initiatives developed through trade organizations.
- Oversee various processes (e.g. training, change control, risk management, third party management) to ensure compliance to relevant standards.
- Develop, maintain, coordinate, and oversee environmental, health and safety auditing for all Service Centers. This will include all applicable regulations in the site and Country.
- Identify and evaluate existing and forthcoming applicable environmental, health & safety regulations and risks as they apply to the local Service Centers; (This task should be divided into country organizations and can’t be managed by one person. EHS Manager can ensure the process and evaluate effectiveness in Management Reviews, but actual legislation follow-up should be done locally)
- Ensure that accident and incident investigations and remedial actions are completed.
- Ensure the findings of accident investigations, safety inspections, audits and risk assessments are brought to the attention of management and others who may be affected.
- Ensure regular health and safety committee meetings are held and ensure that meeting minutes are brought to the attention of all employees and that actions are implemented.
- Provide guidance and direction in EHS programs at the managers level to ensure a common and effective approach
- Have the ability to understand issues and evaluate the level of severity quickly to ensure proper actions are taken to mitigate prolonged exposures of risk or liability.
- Co-operate with Corporate, Human Resources and other parties as required to minimize EHSrisks in Service operations.
In order to be successful in this position we believe you fulfil the following criteria:
- University Degree in Engineering or Business Administration
- EHS industry certification
- Knowledge of Global Regulations relating to Health, Safety, and Environment.
- ISO 14001 experience
- ISO 45001 experience
- OHSAS 18001 experience.
- Auditing and due diligence experience and training.
- Experience in building Safety Culture.
- Experience of managing Health and Safety across multi-sites.
- Experience of implementing best practices policies, procedures and process across different sites, ensuring consistency in application where appropriate.
- Minimum of ten years of professional EHS experience.
- Strong Drive
- Self motivation
- Process Development
- Social and cultural skills
- Team work
- English and Other Languages.
The office location for this job is in Europe. Our main locations are Ljungby in Sweden, Rotterdam in the Netherlands and Tampere in Finland.
For further information please contact Fabio Calvi, Vice President Service Operations,
email@example.com or mobile + +393356520738.
Please submit your application, CV and salary request at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 June, 2017.